We understand that some of you are still having trouble receiving our e-mail updates. Fortunately, our e-mail delivery client (and benevolent robot overlord) tells us that none of your e-mails have been lost in the ether – or the London fog.
Here are a few of the things you can do to help ensure that our e-mails get through in future:
- Check your spam, junk, or clutter folder for messages from email@example.com. Some of you submitted multiple e-mail addresses with your proposal, so make sure you check all of them.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail contact list or address book. This helps our messages avoid your spam filters.
- If email@example.com is already in your address book, check your spam filter settings to be sure that our content and/or address isn’t blocked.
- Are you using a webmail provider like AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail? These providers deliver mail in small batches which can sometimes result in emails taking up to 24 hours to be delivered to a specific email account.
- If none of the above seem to fix the problem, you may need to add our IP addresses to your whitelist. Let us know if we can help with this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If all else fails, keep checking this website. We will post any relevant information for BAVS 2016 here as soon as we have it. You can also subscribe for updates using the link in the righthand column of this page, which will notify you every time we post something new to the website.
In the meantime, you can view the contents of our most recent e-mail here. Again, all of the information included in the e-mail is also available on our website, under registration, programme, and accommodation.